December 28, 2011

Vintage Photographs.



While at my grandmothers house on Christmas Day we pulled out a few boxes containing old memories that had been tucked away for years and years. In them we found my Grandmothers Prom Dress, some pictures of her in her childhood, and a few photos that used to hang around her house that had been put away and forgotten to be put back up.
And with that being said, I share with you my two favorite portraits from within that box. I am unsure of their age here, but thats my Grandmother, Agnes, and my Grandfather, Raymond. I am so in love with these, I recall seeing them hanging in my Grandparents bedroom wall when I was very young and used to sleep over nearly every weekend. I am especially thrilled about having this terribly dusty photo-of-a-photo of my Grandfather. He passed away when I was in 7th grade, the first ever death of a close relative I've ever experienced, so it was especially difficult for me.. Since that time I only have a small collection of photos of he and I from my childhood, but you can barely make out his face (the not so great thing about cheap disposable cameras!) so I am very pleased to have this saved to my hard drive. I am also amazed by the fact that he looks the exact same here in the photo I've shared, as he did in his old age. I hope those gene's carry over to me, oh how I would love to age as beautifully as he did. And I am not even kidding! At 70 he looked precisely as he does in this portrait, maybe with a few wrinkles around his eyes, but he did not change one bit. I swear!

No comments:

Post a Comment