January 29, 2012

Wednesday



I apologize for being absent these past last days. My guinea pig (yes, I am a 22 year old with a guinea pig. 3 actually!), Wednesday, has fallen very ill and I've been away trying to keep her health up until her vet visit on Monday. The vet suspects Bladder Stones or a Uterus infection, either way, she's in a lot of pain and has stopped eating on her own so I've been feeding her using a syringe every few hours. Guinea Pigs eat constantly throughout the day and night because their digestive system constantly needs to have food running through it or else they build up gas and liquid in their organs and in a short matter of time results in death, so I've got to force feed her every hour or two which is no easy task, she fidgets and fights me and spits out most of what I put into her mouth, so hopefully at the vet's tomorrow they don't have anymore bad news for me..
So yeah, thats where I've been and what I've been up to.. It's going to be an expensive, rocky road with Wednesday, but she's worth it! Hopefully I return with some good news tomorrow.. Wish us luck!
ps: the photo was taken a few weeks ago when she was healthy and fine! She's just wrapped in a towel because she just had a bath.

No comments:

Post a Comment