January 01, 2012

Happy New Years!





(Sonia Kashuk 'Starry Night' nail polish. Target $4.99)
I was so busy frantically getting ready for last nights festivities that I of course didn't budget my time very well so I wasn't able to pop in and wish you all a happy and safe last eve of 2011! So I am now hoping your evenings were spent with your closest friends and family, that you ate incredible food and had that special someone to kiss at midnight! My night was spent at a friends apartment with Ben, where we just drank lots of alcohol and enjoyed some live music in our friends basement. It was a nice way to leave 2011 and enter 2012, I'm glad I ended up deciding to go out rather than staying in and planted on the couch in front of my computer screen all night, the party was a very good time.
This black & silver speckled polish is a new brand I decided to purchase and try out. When I was debating on whether or not I would try to spend new years on my couch or all dolled up somewhere, I chose to paint my nails this color because I hadn't figured out my outfit for the evening if I ended up going out, so since this color works with everything, I figured it was my best choice! It's very simple but incase you hadn't figured it out by now I am all about simple, so it's a-okay in my book, for sure! ;) The only thing I disliked about this particular product is the brush was pretty terrible, and when I first bought this I thought the sparkles would be much more noticeable. To me, it looks that way when you're looking at the bottle in your hand, but painted on my nails I realized that wasn't the case. Not a bad thing per se, but I already own a polish similar to how this one paints on and I wouldn't have bought this color if I had known that. But oh well! I still enjoy this color and brand regardless. A worthy purchase I'd have to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment